Acupuncture & Traditional Chinese Medicine
Acupuncture is part of Traditional Chinese Medicine, which originated in China over 5,000 years ago. This science and art of healing has become widely accepted over the past 3 decades. It has now been established as a profession in Australia and has proven to be both an effective and safe treatment of many disorders.
These include neurological, cardiovascular system, respiratory system, digestive system, uro-genital system, gynaecological and obstetric disorders, skin, eyes, musculo-skeletal system, sporting injuries and psychological. Acupuncture is proving to be very beneficial in preparation for IVF and pregnancy management.
Acupuncture is a form of natural healing which has the following major benefits:
- Drug-free pain relief
- Assists prevention against disease
- Treats the cause as well as the symptoms
- Holistic approach to illness, linking body, mind and emotions
- Effectively treats many common ailments
- Moxibustion, cupping and massage may be incorporated into your acupuncture treatment session.